To improve ease of access to appointments for routine repeat specialist doctor referrals, QMSC will now commence ‘repeat referral’ appointments with a reduced out-of-pocket expense of $20.50. Those eligible for a concession will have NO out-of-pocket expense (excluding Saturdays and ‘private appointment only’ slots).
This appointment is not appropriate for all referrals and the following important guidelines apply:
- The appointment should be with your regular treating doctor who is familiar with your current health care
- You must have had a face-to-face appointment at the practice in the past 12 months
- This referral is for a routine review with a specialist you are already seeing
- This is NOT a referral for a psychologist or other Allied Health professional
- This referral cannot be for a new specialist OR a new problem
- You must have seen this specialist in the past 24 months.
- This is a Telehealth phone appointment.
If you do not meet the above guidelines, a standard appointment should be booked.
Ensuring quality health care whilst offering this service is essential. If you are having a telehealth appointment, your doctor may recommend a face-to-face appointment for a physical examination or organizing essential pathology tests. Your doctor may also decide that a short consultation is not appropriate to offer quality health care and give the specialist adequate up-to-date information on your health. In these instances, your doctor may arrange a follow up appointment for appropriate assessment and referral preparation.
We thank you for your support as we work together to improve timely access to appointments whilst also setting boundaries to ensure we continue to offer safe and high-quality health care.