Your safety is our priority. The COVID-19 pandemic has been a reminder of how easily airborne infections can be spread and how devastating this can be, especially for those that are more vulnerable to a severe infection, whether it be COVID-19, influenza or any respiratory infection.
Going forward, maintaining good practices to reduce the risk of spreading airborne infections will continue to be a priority for health facilities all around Australia, including QMSC.
Below is a list of what we are doing at QMSC to protect you and others from airborne infections:
- A dedicated Clinical Governance team that monitors infection patterns in the community and practice policies to reduce the risk of spread of infection
- Social distancing within the practice
- Hand Sanitizer stations in all areas, including the waiting room
- Triage screening questions for all who attend the medical centre
- Asking everyone who attends the practice with respiratory symptoms to wear a mask, including our staff and contractors
- Offering telehealth appointments in the first instance for those testing positive for COVID-19
- Special arrangements for face-to-face appointments for patients who have respiratory symptoms and are COVID-positive or who cannot wear a face mask
- A dedicated waiting room area for patients with respiratory symptoms, to minimise the risk of spreading infection to others in the clinic who may be more vulnerable to a severe infection
- Keeping our QMSC upskilled around important changes
- Increased infection control measures and cleaning of waiting areas and consult rooms
- Consultations for COVID-19 assessment and anti-viral treatment
- Offering vaccination for COVID-19 boosters, influenza and pneumococcus on site