To improve ease of access to appointments for routine repeat prescriptions, QMSC will now commence ‘script only’ appointments with a reduced out-of-pocket expense of $20.50.
Those eligible for a concession will have NO out-of-pocket expense (excluding weekends and ‘private appointment only’ slots).
This appointment is not appropriate for all prescriptions and the following important guidelines apply:
- The appointment should be with your regular treating doctor who is familiar with your current health care.
- You must have had a face-to-face appointment at the practice in the past 12 months
- Up to 3 scripts only at this consult
- No pain medications or drugs of dependency can be prescribed at this consult
- No Authority prescriptions unless otherwise indicated by your doctor at a previous consultation (as these take much longer to get Health Dept approval)
- These are Telehealth (phone) appointments
If you do not meet the above guidelines, a standard appointment is required with your doctor.
Ensuring quality health care whilst offering this service is essential. During this telehealth appointment your doctor may recommend a face-to-face appointment for a physical examination, such as checking your blood pressure. Your doctor may also decide that a short consultation is not appropriate to offer quality health care. In these instances, your doctor may only prescribe a smaller quantity of medication without repeats and arrange a follow up appointment.
We thank you for your support as we work together to improve timely access to appointments whilst also setting boundaries to ensure we continue to offer safe and high-quality health care.