Influenza is a common highly contagious virus that affects the respiratory system.
People 65 years and older will be able to access the special formulated influenza vaccine from Wednesday 1st April here at QMSC. We also have flu vaccinations available to purchase for those patients not eligible for a free flu vaccination.
Free Flu vaccinations for all other eligible patients are expected to arrive mid-April
Dedicated Flu Clinics:
(Times that optimize minimal risk to you while attending QMSC)
Wednesday: 3.00pm – 6.00pm
Thursday: 3.00pm – 6.00pm
Friday: 2.00pm – 5.00pm
Saturday: 8.00am – 12.00md
We will continue to offer walk in appointments for flu vax outside these hours.
All sessions are bulk billed
- Two dedicated check in counters at reception.
- We also ask that once you complete your consent forms you wait outside the front door until called by the GP. Seats provided.
- No appointment required unless you would prefer to make an appointment with your regular treating doctor.
- Influenza Vaccination Consent Form can be downloaded from our website and completed prior to your appointment.
- New patients to the practice: New patient form can be downloaded from our website and completed prior to arriving at the practice along with the influenza consent.
As COVID-19 continues to escalate across the world we strongly urge all Australians over 6 months of age to receive a flu vaccination. In a usual year we would not recommend vaccination until the end of April to mid-May, but this is not a normal year.
While the flu vaccination will not protect you against COVID-19 it is likely that the regular flu season will coincide with the peak of the coronavirus pandemic. Having the flu vaccination is an essential part of “flattening the curve” in the fight against COVID-19.
We need your help. Please get vaccinated.
Should you have any queries please don’t hesitate to contact our reception team on 9233 4800